Just on the border of honesty and political correctness, John Prine is a legendary songwriter who is sweet, respected, and downright badass. If he were to fight Bob Dylan, he would jab him to the ground in 7 seconds, then write a song about it… the next day.
- sam stone: heroin addiction
- please don’t bury me: the afterlife
- dear abby: corporate self-improvement
- i hate it when that happens to me: crass fame
- other side of town (live): men vs. women
- illegal smile: oft misinterpreted, but much appreciated
Leave a Reply